Thursday, November 10, 2016

Thlog #3 Change Of Habbits

          Entering my second college course made me a little on edge! Especially because it  was 2 courses in one. Which meant the work would be intense. I have always been good at turning in assighnments, however my writing process took way longer to get out my ideas and organize them so it makes sense to the reader.

          One of my biggest problems was finding a way to open my papers. Now that i have been introduced to new strategies on how to hook my reader i am more confident. I feel i have options now. Definition openers, Quotes, Strong opinion statments, facts. I have learned how each of these can be affective. Also how they are used to convey a tone at the beginning.
       
          Since starting this course i was able to pick up new habbits that increased my writing ability and speed. Starting with first order-thinking. Now i began all of my assignments by picking a topic and free writing what knowledge i already know about the topic. This helps me enter the topic with an open mind instead of trying to relate it to the paper. Which is what consumes most of my time.

          Next I research my topic to see the different views an how people write about the topic. When i finally settle on the writing im analyzing, I organize my ideas that are relavant to my academic argument. Following that, I see what vocabulary would be beneficial for me to use to explain the text the best.
       
          I feel that starting these types of habbits have increased my productivity in writing. I don't get flustered when i'm unsure how to start because now i have almost created a writing template that works to make my ideas flow accordingly.
   
          Without these tools I've been given I am using them in a way that makes me yhe most comfortable to understand what's asked of me. Than I use them to answer all the questions.

           Another tool that has elevated my writing is space savers. This small tool has helped me to eliminate wasted time on trying to find the write word in a sentence. When i use this tool i noticed once im finished my work and i read it back out loud, whatever words were missing seem to just fill in the blanks.

1 comment:

  1. Redfern,

    Although it looks like you haven't submitted PB2B yet, all told, you're doing A+ work in this class. I'm very happy with your consistent effort, your in-class participation, and your detailed/thoughtful work on the blog.

    Keep doing what you're doing.

    Z

    ReplyDelete