Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Thlog #2 Post- Pros & Cons of WP1

          My initial thought of wp1 was way off from how difficult of a task it really was to complete. I struggled with how to get my thoughts down on paper. However, the hardest part was settling on a topic that was interesting to me so tye assignment would not seem like so much work. Although I have a pretty good understanding of genre I struggle with explaining my ideas. But that was one of the pros that i recieved the chance to exercise the strategies i have been leatning in class to make me a better writer. I give a lot of credit to Shitty First Drafts for navigating me on the notion that first-order thinking can work in a positive way when writing a college essay also. I learned that you do get ideas that you might not have thought about through free writing about your topic.

          The class vocabulary was used as a big tool in explaining different genres and conventions I learned that to explain writing you have to use the correct venacular to achieve the desired goal in your academic argument. I used it for topics in my paragraphs to navigate my reader through so they would not get lost. I also kept in mind the understanding of each word and how it relates to writing. Even when i got stuck if i referred to another vocabulary word i had a new idea.
         
          The fact that genre is so broad was the hardest part to break down. Every form of written text has a genre. That was a new concept for me so i was a little nervous. How would I be able to convey answers to all the questions ? How would I be able to merge the topic with explaining a genre without over powering one another.

          Another pro that helped me to better my work was when the class shared their papers with each other. That played a big part because i was able to see how my other classmates chose to analyze the genre. This gave me fresh eyes to critique my own work. My classmates helped me to realize that i was missing the point of an academic argument.

           i will use these to improve on my next assignment.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment